Romantic Tutus 5.5 – 7 yrs
Romantic Tutus is the perfect class for your budding ballerina who wants to continue their love of dance into their schooling years.
Romantic Tutus teaches grace, precision and elegance required for classical ballet, however in an environment that fosters your child’s natural ability and love of dance. Pirouettes, tendus and sautés are a few of the steps your child will learn, as a solid foundation of ballet technique is imparted through a balance of structured and improvised exercises. As exercises build in complexity, more emphasis is placed on ensuring correct technique and creating awareness of correct posture and alignment.
Your little ballerina will share in the magical world of ballet as they learn and use correct ballet terminology. Romantic Tutus more truly reflects the progression of a typical ballet class, however a mixture of mime, imagery and make believe brings this delightful class to life.
- Each term an enchanting new theme is introduced to bring individual lessons to life through music, props and movement. ‘Snowflakes’ and ‘Snow Angels’ are just a glimpse into our dreamy ‘Winter Wonderland’ theme.
- A familiar routine is established within each class to create a sense of certainty and security for each child. While the content will vary from class to class, the structure remains much the same.
- Classes are streamed by age to accurately meet the developmental abilities of that age group and cultivate individual learning and growth.
- 5.5 years of age by the 31st of January
What to Wear
Romantic Tutus does not have a set uniform, this is to ensure your little ballerina is happy and comfortable in what they wear. In saying this, please avoid overly long or restrictive outfits as this will inhibit movement and make it difficult to dance in. Dress your little ballerina in attire that is comfortable and allows ease of movement – any leotard and skirt combination, soft tutu or ballet dress are considered appropriate options.
Optional: Headband (Great for keeping hair off the face as your little one prances and twirls!)
Pink leather full sole ballet shoes (with elastic) worn with pale pink ballet socks or stockings
Neutral coloured shorts, leggings or bike shorts (avoid bulky or restrictive pants), worn with a T-Shirt
White leather full sole ballet shoes (with elastic) worn with white socks
To the Trial Class
If you already own a leotard and ballet shoes, perfect! If not don’t stress, dress your little ballerina in clothing that is comfortable and allows ease of movement. Bare feet in a trial class is 100% acceptable! (Please, no jiffies or ballet flats as these are very slippery to dance in)
What to Bring
- Water Bottle
- Snacks are not permitted during class, however are perfect before and after the lesson to re-fuel energetic little bodies!
- Something warm for the cooler months. A cross-over and ballet stockings or leggings are great options that can be layered over your little ones ballet outfit.