Little Tutus 2.5 – 4.5 yrs
Little Tutus provides a seamless progression from Baby Ballerinas, by building and extending on your little ballerinas prior knowledge while further challenging their technical and creative skills. By the end of the year your precious blossom will have developed a whole repertoire of ballet steps which they will love to show off and practise around the house!
Participation in a Little Tutus class, provides your child with an understanding of how to manipulate their growing bodies and control and isolate muscles while further developing co-ordination and balance. Our Little Tutus classes are never short of fantasy and fun. Valuable skills are acquired within a low pressure environment where the focus is on enjoyment and engaging in content that inspires the imagination to run wild!
- Each term an enchanting new theme is introduced to bring individual lessons to life through music, props and movement. ‘Tight-rope Walking’ and ‘Strong Men’ are just a glimpse into our action packed ‘At the Circus’ theme.
- A familiar routine is established within each class to create a sense of certainty and security for each child. While the content will vary from class to class, the structure remains much the same.
- Classes are streamed by age to accurately meet the developmental abilities of that age group and cultivate individual learning and growth.
- Little Tutus Violet – 2.5 years of age by the 31st of January
- Little Tutus Sapphire – 3.5 years of age by the 31st of January
- It is anticipated your little ballerina has the confidence to leave Mummy and Daddy at the door and can enter the studio alone.
What to Wear
Little Tutus does not have a set uniform, this is to ensure your little ballerina is happy and comfortable in what they wear. In saying this, please avoid overly long or restrictive outfits as this will inhibit movement and make it difficult to dance in. Dress your little ballerina in attire that is comfortable and allows ease of movement – any leotard and skirt combination, soft tutu or ballet dress are considered appropriate options.
Optional: Headband (Great for keeping hair off the face as your little one prances and twirls!)
Pink leather full sole ballet shoes (with elastic) worn with pale pink ballet socks or stockings
Black Shorts, leggings or bike shorts (avoid bulky or restrictive pants)
White leather full sole ballet shoes (with elastic) worn with white socks
To the Trial Class
If you already own a leotard and ballet shoes, perfect! If not don’t stress, dress your little ballerina in clothing that is comfortable and allows ease of movement. Bare feet in a trial class is 100% acceptable! (Please, no jiffies or ballet flats as these are very slippery to dance in)
What to Bring
- Water Bottle
- Snacks are not permitted during class, however are perfect before and after the lesson to re-fuel energetic little bodies!
- Something warm for the cooler months. A cross-over and ballet stockings or leggings are great options that can be layered over your little ones ballet outfit.